Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ever Have One Of Those Nights?


Last night was my Writers Group Meeting night. It was a “sharing” night, which meant that we didn’t have a specific topic for discussion. Instead, we shared material that had been prepared in advance.

I like this little group – very laid back. We have upwards of twenty people who may show up, with perhaps eight or nine being “regulars.” Far more than half the group demonstrates ability and gifting above average, with a few bordering on brilliant.

Last night, in the middle of a discussion on “stealing time,” a realization came to me. Most of the people I appreciate, respect, enjoy, and call friends, were all gathered together with me in the same room. It was a nice feeling. It was a VERY nice feeling.
It's good when you enjoy being where you belong.
Addendum. One more of our group just became a blogger. Check her out.

No comments: