Thursday, August 4, 2011

Oh Yeah, There's That ...



     OF MICE AND MEN opens Friday. Finally. In spite of everything that has happened - certainly I've not been as physically and mentally there as I normally would have been. But both cast and crew had been wisely selected, and our collective vision has remained remarkably intact. It's going to be an excellent production, with moments of great sad beauty and soul-wrenching honesty. As with every show I direct, my goal is to be a tough act to follow. I think we're gonna pass that benchmark without even breathing heavy.

  

2 comments:

Jack Petersen said...

The play opened last night to a largely stunned audience. There are few familiar points of reference, attitudes of the characters change quickly, even scenes seem to change in mid thought. Yet the work is compelling, and the audience reaction was nothing but praise.

phinz said...

So happy for you and everyone who is working on this!