I found this drawing in the bottom of a drawer the other day. It's the front elevation sketch for a production of "Romeo And Juliet." Out of 36 pages of blueprints and architectural detail notes, this sketch is the only thing that remains.
There was this contest, you see. A theatre was going to produce the play, and ran an open set design competition. First prize was a cash award and, of course, the winning design would become the actual set built for the production.
So ... I entered the contest. And I won. (Seems like a long time ago. Come to think of it, it WAS a long time ago. I think Juliet was still alive at the time.)
Anyway. I'd love to show you some photos of the completed set. Only ... there aren't any. I won the contest but they used another design for the actual set.
Not fair. Just because my set would have been 60 feet wide and 40 feet high, they said it was too large to fit on their stage. I told 'em to get a bigger stage, but - you know how it is - some people just have to be picky ...
On the other hand, I did get the money. There was that.
And ... I decided to share the drawing with you. I'd like somebody to see it, and I can't think of anyone better.