Friday, May 16, 2008

OKAY FRED,

First it was Julie (103 things you may not know about me.) I survived that one. Several of us survived that one, come to think of it. Maybe more than several.

SHEEP! That’s what we are – sheep sheep sheep!

Anyway … (heavy breathing aside) … I thought as long as I stayed off the Internet, I’d be just fine.

And then along came Fred. (Hmmm. “Along Came Fred.” Sounds like a 1960’s beach movie, doesn’t it?)

This was emailed to me today. The request was to fill in the information, send it to everybody I know blah blah blah.

Why me, Fred? What have I ever done to you? Uh … never mind, don’t answer that.

Anyway, here’s what I received:

Four, Four, Four, Four...
A) Four places I go to over and over:
B) Four people who e-mail me regularly:
C) Four of my favorite places to eat:
D) Four places I would rather be right now:
E) Four people I think will respond:
F) Four TV shows I watch all the time:

And I started to answer, when it occurred to me that the questions were far more interesting than the answers.

SO; here are my answers, Fred. Here are also my questions ABOUT the questions.

Four, Four, Four, Four...

A) Four places I go to over and over: (Please define “go to over and over.” “The bathroom” is the first place that comes to mind. Maybe “the kitchen” would be the second place. “The bedroom” and “back to the bathroom” would complete my answer to that question. Then again, do you mean OUTSIDE the house? In that case, my answers would be “to Wendy’s,” “to church,” “to seed,” and “to pieces.”)

B) Four people who e-mail me regularly: (The salesperson who tells me I just won a new computer, anonymous, a man wanting to know if I can tell him where my ex-wife is presently living, and – oh yeah – Fred.

C) Four of my favorite places to eat: (That one’s easy – laying down, sitting up, standing, anyplace in between.)

D) Four places I would rather be right now: Los Angeles, Moscow, Toronto, asleep – but not necessarily in that order.)

E) Four people I think will respond: (Before I answer that question, please answer this one. Respond to what?)

F) Four TV shows I watch all the time: (Four? You’re telling me there are four now?)


There. I’ve answered your questions. Now – Julie, Birdie, Lorie, Q, LuLu, Nicki, Fay, Dan – I invite all of you to join in. It’s fun!

(Do you maybe get the very slight impression that if I’m going down, I wanna take as many of you with me as I can?)

If so …


BLAME FRED!

No comments: