Sunday, November 15, 2009

Reviews, or lack of ...

INHERIT THE WIND opened to glowing comments, and I wanted to pass on a review or two … Only … There have been no reviews, nor will any be coming.

From: Theatre Vault Administration
Date: Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: INHERIT THE WIND at Little Theatre Off Broadway
To: (Jack Bunny)

Dear Mr. (Bunny),
I spoke to a board member of LTOB today and was informed that as a company policy they no longer invite reviewers to their productions.
Best wishes for a strong finish to your run,
Danielle


I contacted the theatre. They told me that past reviews have been “inconsistent in quality.”

Huh? Have you ever heard of such a thing? I mean ...

This was a new and different kind of theatre to me.

As a result, the only thing I have to share is this letter, mailed to the theatre the day after we opened.




I attended my first play at LTOB last evening. I am writing this today because of my experience.

It was, without a doubt, one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had in quite a long while. I have seen plays and musicals downtown, and even in Las Vegas, but your company's production of Inherit The Wind just stopped me in my tracks! It was brilliant.

I will be attending future plays, but believe me, the bar has been set very, very high.Thank you for a very enjoyable, wonderful experience.


jb

No comments: