Saturday, June 29, 2013

Our house

Finally, after many years, I'm living in the home of my dreams.


My wife, being an artist, has decorated our rooms with warmth and whimsy ...


A stoneware image of the kid ...


And Chicken George, who guards our front door.


Our family history grins at us from our stairs.


I love impressionistic art, like this ...


... and this, which is actually a part of the set for OF MICE AND MEN.


Being writers, we do not own a television set, unless you want to consider this pillow on our bed ..


Ok, ok, I lied. I keep a 7 inch TV hidden in my sock drawer, and when my wife is away I send the cat out of the room, turn out all the lights, and watch "Are You Being Served?"

I hope you're happy now. You know all my secrets.

j






1 comment:

Views from Malmesbury said...

I'm not a huge impressionist fan as a rule but I love this one (the single piccie). Yours is Are You Being Served, mine's 'Allo 'Allo.