Tuesday, May 1, 2012

TO KILL A MOCKIINGBIRD

Ok, I was done directing plays ... at least for awhile. Was gonna write write write. And then I found out on of my favorite theatres is going to produce TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD in March, 2013.

And they put out a call for directors.

And I applied. Why not? If I didn't get the job, I could always write (and claim I really didn't want it in the first place. The Japanese call this bushido, or "death before dishonor.")

If I DID get the job, I would be directing a play guaranteed to be completely sold out. (Based on records of other theatres around the country.)

I found out today I got the job.

Whoop de do-o-o-o ...

2 comments:

Views from Malmesbury said...

Congratulations! When do you make a start?

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

I thought it was "Death Before Disco." How do you say THAT in Japanese?

Susie